It is with great regret and disappointment Newcastle Roller Derby must announce that in light of the safety concerns surrounding Covid-19, we are postponing EuroClash until a later date. As safety is the primary concern, and after multiple dropouts for this reason, this is a clear sign to us that it is the responsible thing to do. (Our friends at Brussels and Oslo have already had to cancel due to travel bans in their countries.)
We can appreciate how frustrating this decision will be for some, and are grateful for everyone’s effort in working towards making this what would have been an amazing event. (And still will be down the road!)
As we start to move forward with the practical implications of postponing EuroClash, such as ticket refunds, etc., we will keep everyone posted. Please watch this space.
Thank you to everyone for your support in this. As sad as we are to have to make this decision, we know it is the right one.